Published Friday, June 11, 2010 by Bronwyn hegarty.
Good reasons for using Google Documents
A training session was held with a very enthusiastic group of administrators on 20 May 2010. There was a lot of interest in using Google Documents to save administration time, e.g., for meeting minutes and collaborative work - no need to send out multiple versions of documents. The full overview of the session can be viewed in the Training session Google doc
. It is good to know that all file types are supported.
The video - Google Documents in Plain English
- outlines some good reasons for using the web-based programme.
In brief, some good reasons for using Google Documents are:
To get started
- to save time - e.g., no need to send out multiple copies of documents and coordinate the editing process;
- collaboration - several people can work on a document together, e.g., reports - use the share file facility;
- meeting minutes - easily viewed by the group and additions or changes made with a click;
- documents can be published as a web page for easy viewing - automatically update when changes are made.
Go to Google Documents at: https://docs.google.com
You will need to login in to set up a document.